The sectional couch undoubtedly becomes the hub of any home, but the term tends to bring to mind bulky, overstuffed pieces that weigh down a room. We found 31 picks that effortlessly combine form with function.
- Divano Roma Classic Soft Microfiber and Bonded Leather Living Room Furniture (Sofa, Beige)
- Classic Plush Fabric Sofa – Living Room Furniture (Beige)
- Dorel Living Marley Loveseat, Gray
- Homelegance Savonburg Button Tufted Upholstered Fabric Rolled Arm Classic Scatter Back Pillow Sectional Chesterfield Sofa, Beige
- American Furniture Classics Camouflage Sleeper Sofa
- Coaster Home Furnishings 502811 Casual Sofa, Chocolate
- Poundex Bobkona Vegas Blended Linen 2-Piece Sectional Sofa with Functional Armrest and Back Support, Dark Blue
- Global Furniture Reclining Sofa, Burgundy
- Intex Corner Sofa
- Amalfi Brown Leather Power Motion Reclining Loveseat
- The Dark Gray Cotton Ikea Ektorp 2 2 Sofa Cover Replacement Is Custom Made for Ikea Ektorp Corner Or Sectional Sofa Slipcover
- Abbyson Living Juliette Fabric Sectional Sofa
- Baxton Studio Orland Bonded Leather Modern Sectional Sofa Set with Right Facing Chaise, Brown
- Signature Design by Ashley Jessa Place Sectional Sofa, Pewter Fabric
- Poundex F7894 Bobkona Medora Faux Leather Left or Right Hand Chaise Adjustable Sectional with Compartment, Black
- iKayaa 5PCS Rattan Wicker Patio Sofa Set Garden Furniture W/ Cushions Outdoor Corner Sectional Couch Set
- 2 Piece Modern Contemporary Faux Leather Sectional Sofa
- Kardiel Cubix Modern Modular Left Sectional Sofa, Charcoal, Arylide Cashmere
- Sumder Wicker Furniture Set 5-12 Pcs Patio PE Rattan Sectional Sofa Brown (7pcs)
- Flash Furniture Riverstone Implosion Velvet Sectional Sofa, Purple
- Poundex Bobkona Sherman Bonded Leather 2-Piece Sofa and Loveseat Set, Burgundy
- PATIOROMA 9pc Outdoor PE Wicker Rattan Sectional Furniture Set with Beige Seat and Back Cushions, Red Throw Pillows, Aluminum Frame, Espresso Brown
- Cute Pink Three Seats Sofa Slipcover, 215 By 300CM
- Donovan 6-Piece Sectional with 3 Recliners
- Suncrown Outdoor Furniture Sectional Sofa (4-Piece Set) All-Weather Grey Checkered Wicker with Black Washable Seat Cushions & Glass Coffee Table
- Poundex Bobkona Winfred Blended Linen 2-Piece 3-Seat Reversible Sectional Sofa, Blue Gray
- Becket 6-Piece Outdoor Wicker Sectional Set / Patio Sectional Sofa / Conversation Set, Cushions, Aluminum Frame
- Homelegance Clemencia Classic Button Tufted English Arm Sofa with Turned Legs and Linen-Like Cover, Cream
- Signature Design by Ashley Cowan Sectional in Mocha Fabric
- Christopher Knight Home Puerta Grey Outdoor Wicker Sofa Set
- Flash Furniture Riverstone Implosion Velvet Sectional Sofa, Red
Choosing between a sectional sofa and a standard sofa can sometimes be overwhelming. While it can easily boil down to preference, things like space and need can help determine which kind of seating will work best for your living room.
If your living room has space to spare, a sectional sofa is going to be a great option. There are four common configurations for sectional sofas, though there are plenty of sectionals now a days that are versatile and can be rearranged however you’d like.
While a chaise sectional looks a lot like a regular sofa, it has one key difference: a chaise cushion. The chaise is typically at one end of the sofa, and can be configured at either the left or the right side.
L-Shaped sectionals usually have five cushions, with two on one side, two on the other, and one in the middle connecting them.
U-shaped sectionals offer a lot of seating and are great sofas for larger families and gatherings. These sectionals typically have a center sofa with two equal sofas on either side.
Pit sectionals provide a fun and cozy way to sit. Its best to think of these sectionals as more of a customizable bed, rather than a sofa. In a pit sectional, there’s a cushion for every spot and look like a large platform of cushions.
Unlike sectionals, sofas can’t be customized in the same way. However, while a sectional is more versatile than a sofa, it takes up far more space than a regular sofa. Small living rooms benefit from using a sofa over a sectional, since sectionals can easily crowd a room and overwhelm other furniture.
If you still prefer a traditional sofa, but need the seating that a sectional provides, you can use two sofa’s facing one another. This is a wonderful way to create a conversational area and a more formal presence.
Another great option for smaller spaces are modern loveseats and small sofas. They also are a great versatile option for pairing with a traditional sofa if you want the seating of a sectional but don’t want to commit to set configuration of many sectionals.