For detailed information on the best of electric lawn mowers available check out one of our handy guides below, these include loads of information including our handy electric lawn mower comparison guides:
- Earthwise 60420 20-Inch 40-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
- BLACK+DECKER MTC220 20V Lithium Ion 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower, 12″
- Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14-Inch 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower With Grass Bag
- Earthwise 50520 20-Inch Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- Black & Decker MM2000 13-Amp Corded Mower, 20″
- Sun Joe MJ403E Mow Joe 17-Inch 13-Amp Electric Lawn Mower/Mulcher
- WORX WG719 13 Amp Caster Wheeled Electric Lawn Mower, 19-Inch
- GreenWorks 25322 G-MAX 40V 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower, (1) 4AH Battery and a Charger Included
- Earthwise 50214 14-Inch 8-Amp Side Discharge/Mulching Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- WORX WG650 18-Inch 13 Amp Electric Snow Thrower
- Earthwise 60617 17-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
- EGO 21″ 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Self Propelled Lawn Mower (Battery and Charger Not Included)
- Honda 21”3-in-1 Self Propelled Self Charging Electric Start Lawn Mower
- Troy-Bilt WC33 420cc 33-inch Wide Cut RWD Lawn Mower With Electric Start
- GreenWorks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower
- Troy-Bilt 382cc Powermore OHV 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower
- Kobalt 13 Amp Electric Lawn Mower
- Poulan Pro 967044401 40V Electric Start Dual Blade Mower, 20″
- GreenWorks 25142 10 Amp 16-Inch Corded Lawn Mower
- Snapper P2185020E / 7800982 HI VAC 190cc 3-N-1 Rear Wheel Drive Variable Speed Self Propelled Lawn Mower with 21-Inch Deck and ReadyStart System and 7 Position Heigh-of-Cut – Electric Start Option
- Sun Joe MJ408E Mow Joe 20-Inch 12-Amp 3-in-1 Bag/Mulch/Side Discharge Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Lawn Mower
- Ryobi 16 in. 40-Volt Cordless Walk-Behind Lawn Mower – Battery and Charger Not Included
- EGO Power+ 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower – 4.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit
- WORX WG720 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower, 19″
- BLACK+DECKER EM1700 17-Inch Corded Mower with Edge Max, 12-Amp
An electric lawn mower has many advantages. If you have a smaller yard, or a battery operated lawn mower you can find many benefits using the electric variety. Here are just a few of them.
An electric lawn mower is virtually silent. Sure, some noise can be expected, but since the engine isn’t a standard gas or oil powered device you won’t have the same decibel of sound. The noise from a traditional lawn lawn mower can actually cause damage to your ears. With an electric lawn mower, you won’t have to worry about such detriments, and your neighbors will appreciate it as well!
No Gas or Oil
With an electric lawn mower you won’t have to mess with getting gas and oil for your motor. If the engine requires a lubricant it will usually be a different kind of oil that is much easier to use than the traditional type used in gas engines.
This will eliminate the possibility of accidental spills. In 2007, the Environmental Protection Agency reported that more than 17 million gallons of gas spilled from lawn equipment. Having an electric lawn mower removes this hazard.
Many of us have found ourselves thinking more about protecting the environment. We’ve seen gas prices rise over the years to record setting highs. The best lawn lawn mower for the environmentally conscious is an electric powered one.
Since they require no gas you won’t be wasting natural resources when you care for your lawn. The EPA estimated that more than 800 million gallons of gasoline is used each year in lawn equipment. Just think of how quickly we could reduce our dependence on foreign oil if every household used an electric powered lawn mower!
Instead of paying $3-$5 for a gallon of gas, you can pay that $5 to charge your electric lawn mower for an entire year. Not only do you reduce the cost in gas consumption by switching to an electric lawn mower, but the upkeep and maintenance costs are lower as well.
You can eliminate the need for tune-ups, oil, oil filters, and other maintenance that will be required for a traditional gas powered motor. Electric lawn mowers may cost a little more upfront, but they make up for it in the long run.
Easier To Use
An electric lawn lawn mower is usually lighter and easier to operate than the gas powered lawn mowers. This cuts back on the time you spend actually mowing the lawn since it will be easier to maneuver. Even a large lawn can be easier to mow if you do it in sections.
An electric lawn mower can be an invaluable asset to anyone who wants to keep their lawn looking great. There are many brands that offer these lawn mowers. You can check lawn mower reviews online to find the best electric lawn mower for your needs.